How to Get PR As an Early Childhood Teacher and a Non-Aussie

b2ap3_thumbnail_Untitled-design-7 How to Get Permanent Residency as an Early Childhood Teacher in Australia | AECC

Do you wish to work in Australia as an early childhood teacher? If so, this post is for you. Here, we will discuss the procedures that are part of applying for an Australia PR visa as a teacher. 

189 Visa for Early Childhood Teachers

The 189 Visa offers a direct path for early childhood teachers from overseas to gain permanent residency in Australia. This skilled independent visa allows educators to work and live in Australia without needing employer or state sponsorship. Eligibility hinges on a positive skills assessment, English proficiency, and meeting educational and work experience criteria. Successful applicants enjoy the benefits of Australia's robust education system and a multicultural environment, enhancing both their career prospects and personal growth.

Understanding the 189 Visa for Early Childhood Teachers

Independent Pathway: The 189 Visa provides a direct, skilled independent route for early childhood teachers to permanently live and work in Australia, without the need for employer or state sponsorship.

Career Flexibility: This visa category allows educators the autonomy to select their preferred occupation and location within Australia, offering significant career flexibility.

Permanent Residency Benefits: Obtaining the 189 Visa grants access to Australia's comprehensive benefits for permanent residents, including healthcare, education, and social security.

Eligibility Criteria: To qualify, applicants must meet specific requirements, including a positive skills assessment from Australian authorities, ensuring their suitability for the educational sector.

Enhanced Opportunities: The visa opens up enhanced opportunities for personal and professional growth in Australia's diverse and dynamic educational environment.

Eligibility for the 189 Visa as an Early Childhood Teacher

Skills Assessment: Applicants must obtain a positive skills assessment from the designated authority, validating their qualifications and suitability as early childhood teachers.

English Language Proficiency: Demonstrating a high level of English proficiency, typically through IELTS or equivalent tests, is essential.

Educational Qualifications: Holding a relevant bachelor's degree or higher in early childhood education or a closely related field is required.

Work Experience: Providing evidence of relevant work experience in early childhood education strengthens the application.

Health and Character Checks: Undergoing comprehensive health examinations and character clearances is a mandatory part of the visa application process.

PR Points Test: Achieving the minimum score on the points test, which evaluates factors like age, language skills, and professional experience, is crucial for eligibility.

190 Visa for Early Childhood Teachers

State-Sponsored Visa: The 190 Visa is a state-sponsored option specifically designed for professionals like early childhood teachers, offering a pathway to work and live in a particular Australian state or territory.

Requirement of State Nomination: Unlike the 189 Visa, the 190 Visa requires nomination by a state or territory government, aligning the applicant's skills with the specific needs of that region.

Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the nomination criteria set by the specific state or territory, in addition to obtaining a positive skills assessment.

Benefits of Permanent Residency: Similar to the 189 Visa, the 190 Visa grants permanent residency, allowing access to national healthcare, education, and social security.

Regional Contribution: This visa enables early childhood teachers to contribute their skills to a specific part of Australia, often accompanied by additional support and benefits from the nominating state or territory.

How AECC Can Assist with Visa Applications

At AECC, we offer expert guidance for early childhood teachers applying for the 189 and 190 Visas. Our services include personalised support and up-to-date advice on visa regulations. We streamline the application process, making it less daunting and increasing the likelihood of success. With AECC, you can navigate the visa application process with confidence and ease.

Suggested Reads:


How does the skills assessment process work for non-Australian Early Childhood Teachers seeking PR?

Early Childhood Teachers need to undergo a skills assessment by a relevant authority in Australia to ensure their qualifications match local standards.

Are there specific visa options tailored for Early Childhood Teachers to pursue Permanent Residency in Australia?

Yes, skilled migration visas such as subclass 189 or 190 are common pathways for Early Childhood Teachers to apply for PR in Australia.

Can I include my family members in my PR application as an Early Childhood Teacher?

Yes, many PR pathways allow for the inclusion of eligible family members in the application, providing them with the opportunity to also become permanent residents in Australia.

Related Posts

new-logo_white How to Get Permanent Residency as an Early Childhood Teacher in Australia | AECC
Speak to our Consultant