Layout Image

Best Community Services Courses for International Students

Become a welfare officer, social worker, or community health worker with a community services diploma. No matter what career you choose, you can expect a lot of opportunities available with a projected job growth of 16.1% in the Health Care and Social Assistance industry.

As a leading education consultancy, we have partnerships with almost all premier institutions. It means if you apply through us, you will save money and a chance to get a scholarship. We will help you choose the right course and take admission in the best suited institution.

Contact us today and get complete guidance for a successful career and Permanent Residency (PR) pathways. Fill in the enquiry form to get expert help on pursuing your career in Australia.

Speak to Us at 0452 295 909
Layout Image

Frequently Asked Questions About Studying Community Services In Australia

Australia is one of the top destinations for international students seeking quality education. Not only is it home to world class universities, cited annually by world university rankings, but your studies here will be recognized internationally.

With the progressive and innovative programs, not only will you learn through the most up to date methods and materials as a student, but you will see Australia’s top-notch education system first-hand that will help you in your own career after your course.

  • Certificate III in Community Services
  • Certificate IV in Community Services
  • Diploma of Community Services
  • Bachelor of Community Services
  • Graduate Certificate in Human and Community Services

A Certificate III and IV courses last an average of 1 year, while a Diploma’s average duration is 2 years. For Higher Education courses, Bachelor Programs have a duration of 4 years on average while a Graduate Certificate Program have an average duration of 26 weeks.

VET Admission

  • Successful completion of Australian Year 12, or overseas equivalent
  • TOEFL Score 46 – 59 or IELTS score 5.5 overall (no score below 5.0 in each of the component) or equivalent*

Undergraduate Admission

  • Successful completion of Australian Year 12, or overseas equivalent
  • TOEFL Score 79 – 93 or IELTS score 6.5 overall (no score below 5.5 in each of the component) or equivalent*

Post Graduate Admission

  • Successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a relevant discipline
  • TOEFL Score 79 – 93 or IELTS score 6.5 overall (no score below 6.0 in each of the component) or equivalent*


*These are the lowest scores, certain schools may require higher or lower scores for admission


Visa Requirement

Here are some of the requirements in securing a student visa.

  • A valid passport for the duration of your study in Australia
  • Offer letter or Confirmation of Enrollment from the selected university/institution
  • Evidence of access to sufficient funds*
  • Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
  • Other relevant documents listed on the Department of Home Affairs visa checklists.

As a graduate of a Diploma and Bachelor in Community Services, you may be able to apply for Temporary Graduate visa*. Temporary Graduate visa holders are able to study, stay and work in Australia temporarily after the completion of the studies, depending on qualifications, for eighteen (18) months to two (2) years.

An opportunity to gain relevant local work experiences which may be countered towards Permanent Residency.

After completion of a Diploma or Bachelor, you can jump into a fulfilling career as a Social Worker or Welfare Support Worker and more.

Opportunities are on the rise for Social Worker and Welfare Support Workers. According to, Social Worker (22.5% job growth) and Welfare Support Workers (22.1% job growth) both have an expected positive job growth.

What our students say about us

Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us

See All Testimonials

Need expert advice to see if this
course is right for you?

Speak with one of our PIER accredited education counsellors
today by simply filling in the form below


Our Professional Memberships