Visitor visa (subclass 600) allows the visa holder to travel to Australia for a short duration for the intended purpose such as recreation, visit an Australian resident family member, medical treatment, business activities.
- The duration of visit can be for up to 3, 6 or 12 months.
- The base application charge for this visa may vary depending upon the category and location of the applicant.
- The applicant can be in or outside Australia when the visa application is lodged.
- As per the conditions in the visa grant letter, the visa holder might be allowed travel to and from Australia on single or multiple occasions until the visa is valid.
Every person who intends to travel to Australia as a visitor must apply for an individual visa application. However, a group application can be made.
Visitor visa (subclass 600) can be classified into four streams.
- Tourist Stream
- This stream is for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends and for other purposes not related to business or medical treatment.
- For the grant of the visa, the visa applicant must be able to show various aspects which substantiate being a genuine visitor.
- Business Visitor Stream
- This stream is for people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes making a general business or employment enquiry, negotiations or participating in a conference.
- For the grant of the visa, the visa applicant must be able to show various aspects which substantiate that the intention to do the business activities is genuine.
- Sponsored Family Stream
- This stream requires applicants to be sponsored by a family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. It has more restrictive visa condition than Tourist stream and in some case, a security bond may be requested.
- For the grant of the visa, the visa applicant must be able to show various aspects such as being a genuine visitor, sponsored by an eligible relative and intention to visit family.
- Approved Destination Status Stream
- This stream is for people from the People’s Republic of China who are travelling in an organised tour group.
- For the grant of this visa, the visa applicant must be citizen of People’s Republic of China, be in the People’s Republic of China when the visa is applied and decided, and apply through an agent registered under the Approved Destination Status Scheme.
- For a prospective visa applicant outside Australia, the application must be made outside Australia. If the visa has been applied outside Australia, the visa applicant must be outside Australia to be granted the visa.
- The visa applicant must meet health and character requirements. In general, visa medical will be requested if the duration of intended stay is more than 3 months.
- The visa applicant must have enough funds to support the stay in Australia.
- Bio-metrics may be required depending on the country of current residence.
- Meet the requirements of the stream for which the visa has been applied.
- Maintain the visa conditions as per the Visa Grant Letter
- Report change in circumstances
The applicant may be asked to undertake medical examinations if any of the below mentioned conditions applies to the applicant:
- Intended stay is of more than 3 months.
- Aged visitors (applicants over 75 years old).
- Likely to enter a hospital environment, health care environment or a classroom.
- Likely to work in child care centre.
- Likely to work as a doctor, dentist, nurse and paramedic (and students of these professions).
- The health declaration identifies a known health condition.
If the applicant is outside Australia, it should be noted that only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online. If applicant cannot apply online, s/he can lodge a paper application.
If applicant is in Australia s/he can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online, provided s/he currently has a valid visa that does not have no further stay (8503) condition imposed.
No, all applicants who intends to travel to Australia as a visitor must apply for an individual visa application. However, a group application can be made if they are travelling together.
The general visa conditions imposed in this visa are as below. However, no further stay condition is not applicable to all and the applicant needs to check their own visa conditions to confirm.
- 8101 – No Work: The visa holder must not work in Australia.
- 8201 – Max 3 Months Study: The visa holder must not study or train in Australia for more than three months.
- 8503 – No Further Stay: If the visa holder has a ‘No further stay’ condition imposed, s/he cannot apply for a new visa while in Australia and must leave Australia no later than the date on which the visa ends.
What our students say about us
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us
"Thank you AECC Global for working on my visa over the last couple of months and for quick response when needed. I really appreciate your professional work!"
"Permanent residency granted! Thank you to AECC global for helping me with my Permanent Residency, especially to Sanjib. Thank you for all your time and effort. ☺️ I highly recommend AECC global for your student visa, graduate visa and permanent residency visa. They have very friendly and helpful staff."
"I have been a client of AECC Global since 2010. From that time, they have been helping me for all visa and education related matters. I am very happy with their professional advice and friendly behaviour. So, I would like to recommend all to visit them for your migration pathway."
"I was concerned regarding my PR visa application as my family was offshore. I am grateful to AECC Global team for providing continual support from skill assessment to facilitating our family visa application for PR. "
"Dan from AECC Global was very attentive with my enquiry. During that time I haven't decided yet where to go, he gave me input to help me make my decision. He assisted me throughout the process of the application from the application form to GTE. My student Visa has just been recently granted and I couldn't thank AECC enough for the assistance!"
"Thank you so much AECC Global for the success of my visa application! Very special thanks to my ever active and patient agent, Ms. Joana Marie Galang-Valdez for the genuineness and hard work in facilitating my application. It was really an amazing job because it was granted so quick! It was approved the day after it was lodged and its really a great surprise! Cheers!"
"Very professional, take your case seriously and try his best to help you. Kind and honest. Big thanks to Sanjib. I would highly recommend AECC to all my friends!"
Want to find out if this is the right
visa for your circumstances?
Ask one of our accredited visa and migration
counsellors today by simply filling in the form below