Learn everything you need to know about Australia Student Visa and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees Abroad in Australia
How to Apply for Student Visa in Australia
Australia is one of the most preferred study abroad destinations by international students. One of the first and vital documents you need to obtain when you plan to study in Australia is a student visa. There are two types of Australian student visas you can apply for.
Do you know how to apply for student visa in Australia? Are you aware of the costs of Australian student visa?If you wish to apply for a student visa in Australia and want to get details about it, you can read further. We have included all details, including the Australian student visa application process, the costs of Australian student visa, the timeline for student visa application in Australia, and much more.
Eligibility Criteria for the Australian Student Visa
You will need to satisfy a few eligibility criteria when you apply for an Australian student visa. The criteria can vary according to the type of visa you apply for. The eligibility for Subclass 500 student visa will be different from that of the 407 visa. You can find the general requirements below.
- A valid passport.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- A Letter of Acceptance from a recognised Australian university.
- Recent passport-sized photographs.
- English proficiency test scorecards.
- Proof of enough funds in the home country.
- Non-immigrant visa application.
- Confirmation Of Enrolment (COE) Form.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) receipt.
- All academic documents.
- Statement Of Purpose (SOP).
Types of Australian Student Visas
There are two main types of student visas that international students apply for, in order to study in Australia. They are Subclass 500 Student Visa and Subclass 407 Training Visa.
Subclass 500 Student Visa
The Subclass 500 Student Visa allows you to study a full-time course in Australia for up to five years at a recognised Australian university. You can read our blogs to learn more about the eligibility for Subclass 500 student visas.
Subclass 407 Training VisaThe Subclass 407 Training Visa in Australia is a temporary residence visa that allows you to participate in occupational training activities, including classroom-based professional development activities to help improve your skills.
Application Process for Australian Student Visa
You will need to follow a few steps to apply for an Australian student visa. Though the Australian student visa application process is explained below, it is always advisable to refer to the official website for updated information.
- English Proficiency Test: The first step is to attempt any popular English proficiency test like IELTS, PTE or TOEFL and get an acceptable score.
- Application Confirmation: You can apply for an Australian university and get a confirmation letter.
- Create an account with Australian Immigration: You can create an account with the Australian ImmiAccount online and submit the necessary documents.
- Apply for the student visa: You can fill out the application form, submit the necessary documents, pay the application fee and submit the application.
- Get the TRN: You will get a Transaction Reference Number (TRN), which you can choose to track your application.
- Complete health checkup and interview: You can get a medical clearance certificate and attend the visa interview.
- Get your visa: You will get your Australian student visa within the prescribed time. You will receive an email notification on the same.
Travel to Australia: After you get all the required documents, you can book tickets and fly to Australia.
Costs and Fees of Australia Student Visa
There will be a few costs associated with the Australian student visa. The costs of Australian student visa can vary depending on a few factors. However, you can expect a visa fee of AUD 710, unless there is any exception.
What to Expect After Submitting the Student Visa Application?
After you submit your Australian student visa application and complete your visa interview, you will be required to wait for a few months. The processing time of an Australian student visa is approximately four months. The post-application steps for Australian student visa are quite easy. Once you get your visa, you will receive an email notification about the same. You can then book tickets and fly to Australia.