First and foremost, a   course changing process has to strictly follow the conditions that are applying to your Student Visa to avoid the apparent risks of Visa Cancellation.

To assist you with the course change process, we have some helpful tips from our experienced counsellors posted here:

  • Note: It is highly advised that you have a Qualified Education Agent Counsellor (QEAC) assisting you with the process, ours Qualified Counsellor team at AECC Global are providing the Course Change Service totally FREE of charge. Contact us here.
  • To avoid visa cancellation due to non-compliance with visa condition, seek professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent before you change your course. You need to seek legal advice for an informed

There are a large number of institutes in Australia offering academic scholarships for eligible international students with main attention to postgraduate programmes. For details in regarding availability and application criteria, you should contact the institutions directly by either calling their listed contact number or submitting an enquiry on the websites.

  • Note: It might be a bit overwhelming and confusing with the information provided on the institutes’ websites. However, if you are applying or changing for a new course using our free service mentioned above, our experienced team of Consultant will actively assist you in finding and applying for Scholarships.


If they are non-CRICOS registered short courses, yes you can. However, notice that you can NOT study 2 CRICOS registered courses at the same time.

  • Note: “The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is a register of Australian education providers that recruit, enrol and teach overseas students. Registration on CRICOS allows providers to offer courses to overseas students studying in Australia on student visas.” – Australian Skills Quality Authority.

A Student visa holder is permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is out of session.

A course can enable a student to apply for Skilled Migration PR pathways ONLY IF the course leads to an Occupation which is listed in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). We have sorted out the most popular courses (by the field) that can lead you to PR here:

  • Note: Please understand that the Occupation might NOT share the exact same name as the course you are studying, and you will be required to acquire the Skill Assessment from the corresponding Assessing Authority to be considered as eligible to apply as the Occupation.

You can calculate your current/expecting point here: AECC Global Point Calculator

At the time of this writing, all Occupations in the MLTSSL would require at least 70 points to receive the invitation for PR. So most students, especially those with less than Superior English (8.0 all bands IELTS or equivalents), will have to look for other ways to increase their points for PR.

There is this checklist of possible methods to increase your points, make sure you check it out:

  • Note: In case the checklist above cannot help you to get the PR already, then our Registered Migration Agents would be offering to assess your case in a one-on-one session FREE of charge. Book your appointment HERE.
  • There are many options to get extra required points like NAATI, a high score in approved English test, partner’s points etc. You have to understand that each case is different so seek professional advice with registered migration agent for the options that best suits you.


There is a Genuine Entrant Criteria that any student visa applicant must meet for the visa to be granted. Moving from 485 visa to student visa is tricky due to this criterion. You can minimize the risk by submitting student visa application with strong GTE statement.

Yes, it is. However, you cannot ignore the risk due to GTE concern. The visa application must be supported by strong evidence of your genuine intention to study. Each case must be handled on a case by case basis.

  • Note: In order to make sure that you know the risks, our Registered Migration Agents would be offering to assess your case in a one-on-one session FREE of charge. Book your appointment HERE.

If the main applicant is studying a Master’s or a Doctoral degree, partner can work full-time or no limit.

Professional Year (PY) Programs are gazetted by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to address Australia’s skills deficiency through upgrading the employability of International graduates of Accounting, IT and Engineering fields and successful completion earns them 5 points towards permanent residency in Australia.

  • Helps you to gain 5 extra points towards Permanent Residency
  • Enhance Your CV
  • Gain a nationally accredited certificate
  • Put your theoretical knowledge into practice/experience
  • Join relevant professional networks
  • Career counselling during and on completion of program
  • Access to various workshops
  • Gain Professional Year Certificate

It is a 44 weeks program with 32 weeks coursework of Business Communication skills and Australian Workplace skills training following with 12 weeks Australian workplace internship in the participant’s chosen profession.

There are program intakes every month. The dates vary by course and providers. One of our counselors would be able to guide you regarding the next available intake during the consultation.

To be eligible, you should have:

  • Graduated from a related higher education program within Australia (minimum 2 years duration)
  • Hold a subclass 485 Temporary Resident Visa for skilled migration or show evidence of your application
    for Bridging visa
  • Achieved English requirement:
    • Accounting – minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent
    • Information Technology – minimum IELTS score of 6 overall, with no band below 5, or equivalent
    • Engineering – minimum IELTS score of 6.0 with no band below 5, or equivalent
  • Skill assessment from relevant professional association

For joining Professional year program you will need either of the following visa types:

  • Hold a subclass 485 Temporary Resident Visa for skilled migration or show evidence of your application for Bridging visa

Both options are available for all the programs. It’s a usually 1 class/week but the class timing changes from one provider to the other.

The fees vary from provider to provider and differ by course. At AECC global, we offer every student enrolled
in the Professional Year via us scholarships and a host of other benefits.

The standard fees are as follows:

  • Accounting – Depending on the provider, fee ranges from $6000 – $11500
  • Engineering – Depending on the provider, the fee is between $15200 – $15500
  • ICT – $12600 – $12930

YES, Absolutely. Installment plans are available and most providers offer them.

The internship is for a period of 12 weeks on weekdays and you have to there is a minimum requirement of 3 days attendance every week.

Yes, the program is available in all states of Australia. You may elect to relocate to undertake the program as long as your PY provider has a campus in your chosen location.

No. Since the internship really is the practical component of the program, it is not paid.

We represent most providers of Professional Year and since it’s a recognized course, it really boils down to a student’s preference depending on factors like fee, course, installment plans and available internships.

Professional Year Program providers exist in all states of Australia. It’s really a student’s choice to go with one or the other based on their city preference.

This is very provider specific and is typically not recommended but individual cases are best discussed with the course providers.

Yes, if you are working in related field; you can use your own company for internship. You need to discuss this with your provider and get requisite approval.

Once your internship has commenced you must complete that internship within the agreed time frame. You will not be permitted to withdraw or change to another internship. Failure to complete the approved/agreed internship will result in failure of your internship module and your graduation will be delayed.

Many Professional Year institutes allow self-sourcing of internship. If you would like to arrange your own internship, you must speak to the educational institute prior to starting the course and understand the process for the same.

No. The aim of the program is to prepare recent graduates with the professional skills required for a career in Australia. It does not guarantee job placement. However, host company may consider offering an employment opportunity to the qualified candidate based on the performance during the internship.

We represent all the leading Professional Year Institutes in Australia with one stop information on all PY providers. We offer great benefits upon PY enrolment including FREE Temporary Graduate Visa 485 & Skill Assessment, 50% discount on PR service fee, Free PR consultation etc.

Please call 0406 525 906 or email [email protected] to discuss your study options and avail great the benefits when you apply via AECC Global.

What our students say about us

Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us

See All Testimonials

Have more questions?

Speak with an award-winning team helping international students study abroad today


Our Professional Memberships